Emergency Dentistry – Ottawa, ON
A Trustworthy Home for Urgent Dental Care
You need to call our office immediately if you have a knocked-out tooth or another type of dental emergency. We offer same-day, after-hour, and weekend appointments, and we are often able to see emergency patients quickly thanks to having multiple dentists under one roof. We’ll work on finding the quickest way to put a stop to your pain, and we will take whatever steps are needed to keep your smile safe from any further harm.
Why Choose Smyth Dental Centre for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day and After-Hour Appointments
- Open 7 AM to 8 PM Multiple Days a Week
- Large Team with Multiple Dentists
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
It’s important to take control of the situation quickly when you have a dental emergency. Your first step should be to call our office and let us know what happened. We’ll help you find relief by following these steps:
- Scheduling an appointment: We’ll ask about your symptoms to figure out how urgent the situation is before scheduling an appointment. During your call, our team can give you advice for managing your emergency at home.
- Conducting an emergency exam: Before we can start planning any treatments, we need to take a closer look at your teeth and various other parts of your mouth. Our goal will be to pinpoint what the true underlying problem is.
- Reviewing our findings: You’ll be given a full explanation of what we found during our exam. We’ll go over the available types of treatment as well as how much you can expect to pay for them.
- Caring for your smile: Our team will work with you to figure out what your treatment will look like, after which we’ll begin the process of restoring your oral health.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
It’s not always easy to tell what kinds of dental issues are actually emergencies. That said, small problems can grow much more serious if they aren’t treated in time, so it’s usually worth seeing your dentist for any oral health concerns as soon as you can. Here are some examples of dental emergencies that warrant a call to our practice in Ottawa.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
If you’re wondering how much treatment for your dental emergency will cost, you’ll only be able to get an answer once our team has looked at your smile and learned more about your circumstances. Keep in mind that seeking care as soon as you notice problems with your mouth could ultimately save you money; in general, it will be less costly to deal with smaller dental issues before they can lead to more severe problems.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
You’ll be less likely to need to schedule an emergency appointment in the first place if you:
- Brush and floss every day to get rid of the plaque on your teeth and gums that might cause infection and decay.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports that have a high chance of contact.
- Use a nightguard to keep your teeth safe at night.
- Avoid biting down on anything that isn’t food, like pen caps.
- Visit us two times every year for checkups and cleanings.